Important information at your stay at Rooms on Water
From September 25th, the Dutch Government skipped the 1,5 meters rule.
The additional general measures we have taken to increase your safety during your stay with us:
- At the entrance there is a stylish disinfection pole that guests can immediately use to disinfect their hands.
- Hand soap is in every en suite bathroom
- Your bedroom and bathroom will be cleaned and disinfected before your stay.
- We regularly disinfect public areas and exposed surfaces such as door handles (B&B).
- We follow government guidelines and recommendations
- We are provided with information about COVID-19 and management instructions
- We ask you to ventilate your sleeping room.
B & B / hotel
Of course you have to comply with all conditions required by the government, so give each other space when moving.
- Please wait at the indicated place until the owner shows you your table
- Bbreakfast à la carte in the living room by indicating your wishes in advance on a checklist
We offer the following options:
- Meetings are possible for groups up to 12 people.
- A combination with an overnight stay (6 bedrooms) is possible.
Rooms on Water is located in the heart of Rotterdam center, making parking on the street expensive.
The rate is appr. € 4,00 / hour (between 9 am and 11 pm, thursday till sunday between 9 am and 1 am).
But…. There are alternatives!
– Free parking at a P + R (max. 72 uur), after which you travel back and forth by public transport.
– Parking garage De Markthal (https://parkereninmarkthal.nl). This parking garage uses different rates, but also has an offer per 24 hours. You have to book in advance by internet;
– ParkBee Wijnstraat 100 or 78. These car park are very close by, but more expensive then De Markthal. Please note: Reservations can be made via internet, the max. height is at Visserdijk and Wijnstraat 61: 1.80 meters;
You can take the train to Rotterdam central, hence it is 15-20 minutes walk to the Wolfshoek where the ship is located.
By metro (line C, D or E) from Rotterdam you can get off at the stop Beurs / Churchill and take exit ‘Maritiem Museum’.
You can also take the train to station Blaak. From there it is a 5-10 minute walk to Rooms on Water.
Rooms on Water is located next to the intersection of metro lines. A and B go from east to west v.v., and therefore also from P + R Kalingse Zoom to the Beurs / Churchill stop (see parking).
The lines C, D and E go from north to south, e.g.
It is just 10 minutes to AHOY, and there are even more hotspots to reach quickly.
Tram / Bus
Also the tram and bus stops are around the corner.
Here is a link to a RET page with more info about the routes of tram and metro: https://www.ret.nl/home/reizen/kaarten-plattegronden.html
Rotterdam uses a rate of 4.5% per person per night.
The room prices and the price of the group accommodation do not include the accommodation tax.
B &B (maximum 3 rooms, more rooms is group rental)
At No-Show: 100% of the entire reservation.
Till 30 daus: free cancellation
Between 30 and 0 days: 100% of the reservation
Group rental: Group accommodation or at 4 rooms and more:
Till 48 hours after booking: free cancellation
Till 30 days before arrival: 50%
Between 30 days and the day of arrival: 100%
No show: 100%
The most important house rule is:
You treat the accommodation and its inventory / contents with respect.
In 2017 I worked hard to convert the ship’s hold into the beautiful, athmosferic accommodation that it is now and which I am very proud of.
If something does break, please report it to me. I live on the back of the ship.
It is of course forbidden to smoke in the entire accommodation. It is allowed on deck on the roof terrace. There is also a large ashtray. Do not throw the remnants overboard.
You will find all the rules: House rules Rooms on Water
Of course we think privacy for every visitor of this website is important.
In the following statement I try to clearly state what your rights are and how we use your (personal) data.
AVG May 2018